Shawdhab Mawla of Shakir
|Shawdhab Mawla of Shakir|
|Native name||شَوذَب مَولیٰ شاکِر|
|Full Name||Shawdhab Mawla of Shakir|
|Companion of||Imam al-Hussain|
|Place(s) of Residence||Kufa|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Martyrdom in the Battle of Karbala|
|Burial Place||The Holy Shrine of Imam Hussain, Karbala, Iraq|
|Activities||He delivered Muslim b. 'Aqil's letter to Imam Hussain.|
Shawdhab Mawla Shqkir was among Imam Hussain's companion who was martyred at the Battle of Karbala. After Muslim b. Aqil received the oath of allegiance on behalf of Imam Hussain, he sent Shawdhab Mawla Shqkir with a letter to inform Imam about the readiness of Kufans.
Before the Battle of Karbala[edit | edit source]
In some resource, he mentioned as the servant of Shakir b. Abd Allah al-Hamdani al-Shakiri and others mentioned him as the servant of Abis b. Abi Shabib al-Shakiri.
He was a memorizer of hadiths and transmitted hadiths from Imam Ali. He and Abis b. Abi Shabib al-Shakiri delivered the letter of Muslim b. Aqil from Kufa to Imam Hussain in Mecca and accompanied Imam from Mecca to Karbala.
Martyrdom[edit | edit source]
On the Day of Ashura, Abis b. Abi Shabib al-Shakiri came to Shawdhab, who was his relative, and said, “What is your heart’s desire”? He replied, “What do I desire? I desire to fight alongside you, while defending the grandson of the Prophet of Allah, until I am martyred.” Abis replied, "and nothing else was expected from you. If I had anyone dearer than you today, I would send him to the battlefield before I would go."
He was martyred in the afternoon of Ashura after Hanzala b. As'ad al-Shibami.
His name is mentioned in the Ziarat of Rajabiyya of Imam Hussain.
Source[edit | edit source]
- WikiShia, An online encyclopedia of the school of Ahl al-Bayt
- Shaykh Abbas Qummi , Nafasul Mahmum; Relating to the heart rending tragedy of Karbala
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Shams al-Dīn, Anṣār al-Ḥusayn (a), p. 79.
- ↑ Wāʿiẓ Kāshifī, Rawḍat al-Shuhadā, p. 306.
- ↑ Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 129.
- ↑ Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 130.
- ↑ Ṭabarī, Tārīkh al-Ṭabarī, vol. 5, p. 443-444; Khwārizmī, Maqtal al-Ḥusayn, vol. 2, p. 22-23; Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 45, p. 28.
- ↑ Mufīd, al-Irshād, vol. 2, p. 105; Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 130; Ṭabrisī, Iʿlām al-warā, p. 246; Ibn Athīr, al-Kāmil, vol. 4, p. 73.
- ↑ Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 98, p. 272; Ibn Ṭāwūs, Iqbāl al-aʿmāl, p. 576.