Muhammad b. Abi Sa'id b. Aqil
|Muhammad b. Abi Sa'id b. Aqil|
|Native name||محمد بن أبی سَعید بن عَقیل|
|Full Name||Muhammad b. Abi Sa'id b. Aqil|
|Companion of||Imam al-Hussain|
|Wellknown Relatives||Muslim b. Aqil b. Abi Talib|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Event of Karbala|
|Burial Place||Holy Shrine of Imam Hussain, Karbala, Iraq|
Muhammad b. Abi Saʿid b. Aqil, 7 years old, was among the martyrs of Banu Hashim.
Lineage[edit | edit source]
Some Shia scholars of Rijal have mentioned his name as Muhammad b. Sa'id and some others have recorded his name as Muhammad b. Abi Sa'd, but some have considered Abu Sa'id, the kunya of Abd Allah b. Aqil and have considered a possibility that Muhammad b. Sa'id would have actually been the same Muhammad b. Abd Allah b. Aqil.
Martyrdom[edit | edit source]
After the martyrdom of Imam Hussain, a teenager called Muhammad b. Abi Sa'id b. Aqil came out of the tents and looked around anxiously and fearfully. One of the soldiers of Umar b. Sa'd called Luqayt b. Ayas (Nashir) al-Juhani attacked him and killed him with a strike.
In the Ziyarah al-Shuhada, he has been mentioned as, "Peace be upon Muhammad b. Abi Sa'id b. 'Aqil and may God curse his murderer, Luqayt b. Nashir al-Juhani."
Source[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ibn Dāwūd, Kitāb al-rijāl, vol. 1, p. 172; Ibn Shahrāshūb, Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib, vol. 3, p. 259.
- Ibn Ṭāwūs, al-Iqbāl bi-l-aʿmāl al-ḥasana, vol. 3, p. 243; Ibn Shahrāshūb, Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib, vol. 3, p. 259.
- Kāshānī, Tadhkirat al-shuhadāʾ, vol. 1, p. 154.
- Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 91.
- Bayḍūn, Mawsūʿat Karbalā, vol. 1, p. 529.
- Ibn Ṭāwūs, al-Iqbāl bi-l-aʿmāl, vol. 3, p. 76.