Darghama b. Malik al-Taghlibi
|Darghama b. Malik al-Taghlibi|
|Native name||ضَرْغامة بن مالِک التَغْلِب|
|Full Name||Ḍarghama b. Malik al-Taghlibi|
|Companion of||Imam al-Hussain|
|Well Known As||al-Taghlibi|
|Lineage||Banu Taghlib Tribe|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Battle of Karbala|
Darghama b. Malik al-Taghlibi is one of the martyrs of Karbala who went to Karbala after the martyrdom of Muslim b. Aqil and joined the army of Imam Hussain.
Lineage[edit | edit source]
He is known as "al-Taghlibi" because of his attribution to Banu Taghlib. Banu Taghlib was a tribe originating from Taghlib b. Wa'il b. Qasit. 
Martyrdom[edit | edit source]
Darghama b. Malik was one of the Kufan Shi'as who pledged allegiance to Muslim b. Aqil. After Muslim's martyrdom, since the ways out of Kufa were blocked, he disguised as the enemy's clothes and left Kufa in their company. He then joined Imam Hussain in Karbala.
On the day of Ashura, he injured and killed some enemies during the battle. He was martyred in the first battle on Ashura. It is said that he declaimed the following during the battle:
Prepare for Malik Dargham
The blow of a young man who defends dignified people
He hopes for a full reward from God
The Exalted, the Owner, and the Omniscient.
Peace is sent to him in the Ziarat al-Shuhada' as well as in al-Ziarat al-Rajabiyya for Imam Hussain as this: "peace be upon Darghama b. Malik".
Source[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Mamaqānī, Tanqīḥ al-maqāl, vol. 2, p. 106.
- ↑ Samʿānī, al-Ansāb, vol. 1, p. 469.
- ↑ Kamaraʾī, ʿUnṣur-i shujāʿat, vol. 3, p. 3.
- ↑ Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, vol. 1, p. 199. Jump up↑
- ↑ Ibn Shahrāshūb, al-Manāqib, vol. 3, p. 232.
- ↑ Ibn Shahrāshūb, al-Manāqib, vol. 3, p. 253.
- ↑ Maʿa al-rakb al-Ḥusaynī, vol. 4, p. 170.
- ↑ Ibn al-Mashhadī, al-Mazār al-kabīr, p. 494.
- ↑ Ibn Ṭāwūs, Iqbāl al-aʿmāl, vol. 2, p. 714.