Amr b. Abd Allah al-Jundu'i
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Amr b. Abd Allah al-Jundu'i|
|Native name||عَمرو بن عبداللّه الجُنْدُعی|
|Full Name||Amr b. Abd Allah al-Jundu'i|
|Companion of||Imam al-Hussain|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Battle of Karbala|
Biography[edit | edit source]
Martyrdom.[edit | edit source]
There is disagreement over the way Amr b. Abd Allah al-Jundu'i was martyred:
- According to some sources, Amr was martyred in the first attack of the army of Umar b. Sa'd to the companions of Imam Hussain before the day of Ashura .
- In other sources, it is mentioned that Amr fell unconscious due to many wounds he received and a strike at his head and his family took him out of the battlefield, and he passed away one year later. In Ziyara of al-Shuhada, we read, "Peace and greetings be upon the wounded who passed away out of the battlefield."
Source[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Qurayshī, al-Bālighūn al-fatḥ, p. 405.
- Ibn Shahrāshūb, Manāqib Āl Abī Ṭālib, vol. 4, p. 113.
- Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn, p. 136.
- Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 98, p. 273.