Sayyid Sa’eed Akhtar Rizvi
Sayyid Sa’eed Akhtar Rizvi
|Born||5th January 1927|
the Saran district of the state of Bihar
Sayyid Sa’eed Akhtar was an Islamic Scholar, writer and preacher.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Sayyid Sa’eed Akhtar Rizvi was an Islamic Scholar who propagated Shia Islam in East Africa. Sayyid Abul Hassan Rizvi, the father of Akhtar Rizvi was also an Islamic Scholar in Bihar, India. Akhtar Rizvi was born in the Saran district of the state of Bihar on 5th January 1927. His son Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi is also a scholar and Imam of Islamic Shia Ithna’asheri Jamaat of Toronto, Canada. Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi also performed his fathers’ funeral prayer in Dar es Salaam in the presence of scholars and officials from various countries when he died in 2002.
People from various regions such as Philippines, Guyana, Poland and Malaysia benefitted from his teachings and books that have been translated into 22 languages including English, Arabic, Urdu, Persian, Swahili, Hindi, Japanese, Thai, Italian, French, Indonesian etc. By travelling widely across the globe including USA, Europe, Africa and Canada, and speaking various languages including English, Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Hindi, Gujrati and Swahili, Sa’eed Akhtar helped many people who had converted to Islam.
Career[edit | edit source]
- High School Teacher, Gopalpur, Siwan, Bihar, India
- Resident Alim, Lindia, Tanzania
Academic Activities[edit | edit source]
- Founder and Chief Missionary of Bilal Muslim Mission, East Africa
- Introduced distance learning courses in Islamic Studies for students in Swahili and English Languages
- Editor, The Light, English Magazine published twice every month by Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania
Books[edit | edit source]
- Understanding Karbala, Ansariyan Publications-Qom, 1982
- The Justice of God, Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania, 1992
- God: An Islamic Perspective, Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania, 1994
- Need of Religion, Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania, 1988
- Meaning and Origin of Shi’ism, Islamic Education and Information Centre
- Prophecies about the Holy Prophet of Islam in Hindu, Christian, Jewish & Parsi Scriptures, Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania
- Sects of Islam, World Islamic Network
- The Quran: Its Protection from Alteration, Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania
Articles[edit | edit source]
- "Imam Hasan, The Myth of his Divorces". Al-Serat Journal. Vol. 4, No. 3. 1978
- "Martyrdom of Imam Husayn and the Muslim and Jewish Calendars". Al-Serat Journal. Vol. 6, No. 3 & 4. 1401 AH.
- "The Illustrious Period of the Imamate of Imam Zayn al-'Abidin". Al-Serat Journal. Vol. 5, No. 3 & 4. 1979
- "The Scholarly Jihad of the Imams - 95 - 148 A.H Part One". Al-Serat Journal. Vol. 9, No. 1 & 2.
- "The Fast of Ashura". Al-Serat Journal. Vol. 8 No. 3 & 4.
Honors[edit | edit source]
- Honored by Al-Mustafa International University, Qom at a seminar in 2011 by introducing a documentary and a national postage stamp in his name.