Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Occupation||Scholar-in-Residence and Limited Term lecturer at the Centre for Comparative|
|Institutions||Simon Fraser University in Canada|
Amyn Sajoo is a Scholar-in-Residence and Limited Term lecturer at the Centre for Comparative at Simon Fraser University in Canada.
Education[edit | edit source]
- PhD, McGill University, Montreal
- LLB (Hons), King’s College, University of London
Career[edit | edit source]
- Scholar-in-Residence at Simon Fraser University
- Human Rights Advisor at Canadian Department of Justice, Ottawa
Academic Activities[edit | edit source]
- Host of 2020 Simon Fraser University public conversation series on ‘Identity and Citizenship’
- Canada-ASEAN Fellow at Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore
- Visiting Fellow at Cambridge University
- Tutored students at McGill University, University of British Columbia and the Institute of Ismaili Studies.
Books[edit | edit source]
- The Shari’a: History, Ethics, and Law. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2018.
- The Shi’i World: Pathways in Tradition and Modernity. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2015.
- Muslim Modernities: Expressions of the Civil Imagination. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2008.
- Civil Society in the Muslim World. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2004.
- A Companion to Muslim Cultures. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2012.
- A Companion to Muslim Ethics. I.B. Tauris, 2010.
- A Companion to the Muslim World. I.B. Tauris-Bloomsbury, 2009.
- Muslim Ethics: Emerging Vistas. Macmillan-I.B. Tauris, 2004.
Articles[edit | edit source]
- “After Identity Politics? Faith in Liberal Citizenship,” Canadian Political Science Review, Vol 14:1, p.77-97, 2020.
- “The Fog of Extremism,” Social Inclusion, Vol. 4:2, p.26-39, 2016
- “Negotiating Virtue: Principlism and Maslaha in Muslim Bioethics,” Studies in Religion, Vol. 43:1, p. 53-69, 2014.
- “Fitting Islamophobia into an Historical Pattern,” Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, Vol. 34:2, p.191-196, 2014.
- "Islam and Human Rights - Congruence or Dichotomy?" Temple International & Comparative Law Journal, Vol. 4, p.23-34, 1990.