Abd Allah ibn Muslim ibn Aqil
|Abd Allah ibn Muslim ibn Aqil|
|Native name||عبدالله بن مُسلِم بن عَقیل بن أَبی طالب|
|Full Name||Abd Allah ibn Muslim ibn Aqil|
|Companion of||Hussain ibn Ali|
|Cause ofDeath/Martyrdom||Martyred in the Event of Ashura|
|Activities||Participating in the battle of Karbala|
Abd Allah ibn Muslim ibn Aqil was among companion of Imam Hussain who was martyred in the Battle of Karbala. It is said that the first one among Ahl al-Bayt who stepped into the battlefield and was martyred was Abd Allah b. Muslim bin Aqil. His name is mentioned in Ziarat al-Shuhada and Ziyarat al-Rajabiyya of Imam al-Hussain.
Lineage and Biography[edit | edit source]
In Karbala[edit | edit source]
The first one among the Ahl al-Bayt to step into the battlefield was Abd Allah b. Muslim bin Aqil. He was reciting the following Rajaz: “Today I shall meet Muslim my father, and I shall meet the youth who sacrificed their entirety for the Religion of the Prophet, they are a group who do not know to lie, but they were fair and of noble descent from Hashim, the masters of the noblemen”.
Al-Tabari in his history book narrated from Humayd b. Muslim al-Azdi, and also al-Shaykh al-Mufid in al-Irshad, that Amr b. Subayh al-Sada'i shot him by an arrow which sewed his hand to his forehead, then he was attacked and martyred. Amr b. Subayh fired an arrow towards him. He wanted to protect his face by his hand; but the arrow sewed his hand to his forehead and he could not move his hand. Then another arrow hit him on his heart.
Source[edit | edit source]
- WikiShia, An online encyclopedia of the school of Ahl al-Bayt
- Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi , Nafasul Mahmum; Relating to the heart rending tragedy of Karbala
References[edit | edit source]
- Ṭūsī, al-Rijāl, p. 103; Maghribī, Sharḥ al-akhbār, vol. 3, p. 195.
- Muḥammadī Rayshahrī, Dānishnāma-yi Imām Ḥusayn (a), p. 160-161.
- Maḥallātī, Rayāḥīn al-sharī'a, vol. 4, p. 255.
- Khwārizmī, Maqtal al-Ḥusayn, vol. 2, p. 26; Ibn Aʿtham al-Kūfī, Kitāb al-Futūḥ, vol. 5, p. 110; Ibn Shahrāshūb, al-Manāqib, vol. 4, p. 105.
- Balādhurī, Ansāb al-ashrāf, vol. 3, p. 200.
- Ṭabarī, Tārīkh al-Ṭabarī, vol. 4, p. 341; Mufīd, al-Irshād, vol. 2, p. 107.