- Who was the youngest martyr of Karbala?
- When did the Ziarat Arba’een date back?
- Why did Imam Hasan abdicate the Caliphate to Muawiya?
- How many people were killed during Wahhabis’ attack at Karbala?
- In Ta’ziya (pictured), who is shown testing and training Ali al-Akbar before the Battle?
- Is Ashura considered a day of fasting by Sunnis?
- How many of martyrs of Karbala were descendants of Banu Hashim?
Welcome to Wikihussain
Zuhayr b. al-Qayn was an advocate of Uthman. In 60/680, Zuhayr and his wife were returning from hajj pilgrimage to Kufa together with their relatives and fellows, met Imam Hussain and his companions in a resting area on the way, called Zarud. Imam Hussain and his companions were also on their way to Kufa. According to al-Dinawari, the meeting occurred in Zarud resting area. Imam Hussain sent a messenger to Zuhayr and asked him for a meeting. Zuhayr was first reluctant to meet the Imam, but when his wife, Daylam or Dalham, the daughter of Amr, encouraged him to do so, he went to Imam Hussain. The meeting changed the course of his life. After the meeting, he happily went back to his family and friends, and had his camp and stuff moved near Imam Hussain's camp. Zuhayr said farewell to his wife, and, based on another account, divorced her, and told her: "I am going to be martyred besides Imam Hussain. You go back to your family together with your brother because I do not want you to see anything harmful from me". Zuhayr then asked his companions to join him if they are willing to be martyred; otherwise, this would be their last visit. According to some sources, Salman b. Mudarib—Zuhayr's cousin—accompanied him and joined Imam Hussain's army. Full Article...
Did you know
Featured art Works
Stations on the path of Imam Hussain
|8th Dhu l-Hijja||
|9th Dhu l-Hijja|
|10th Dhu l-Hijja||
|14th Dhu l-Hijja|
|15th Dhu l-Hijja|
|18th Dhu l-Hijja|
|19th Dhu l-Hijja|
|26th Dhu l-Hijja|
|27th Dhu l-Hijja|
|28th Dhu l-Hijja|