- Who was the youngest martyr of Karbala?
- When did the Ziarat Arba’een date back?
- Why did Imam Hasan abdicate the Caliphate to Muawiya?
- How many people were killed during Wahhabis’ attack at Karbala?
- In Ta’ziya (pictured), who is shown testing and training Ali al-Akbar before the Battle?
- Is Ashura considered a day of fasting by Sunnis?
- How many of martyrs of Karbala were descendants of Banu Hashim?
Welcome to Wikihussain
The first meeting between Horr B. Yazid al-Riahi al-Yarbuʾi al-Tamimi and Imam Hussain was not hostile. However, Horr pressed upon Hussain to change his course and follow him, even after the latter had informed him of the letters of support, he had received from the Kufans, towards whom his party was heading. Horr further obeyed Ibn-e Ziad’s subsequent order to force the rebels to stop in a deserted area. Thus, Hussain was led to the plain of Karbala, where he was encircled by the troops dispatched by Ibn-e Ziad under the command of ʿOmar b. Saʿd. Once the latter had rejected Hussain’s final proposals and decided to fight him on the morning of Ashura, 10 Muharram 61/10 October 680, Horr then repented and joined Hussain, who promised him God’s forgiveness. Full Article...
Did you know
Featured art Works
Stations on the path of Imam Hussain
|8th Dhu l-Hijja||
|9th Dhu l-Hijja|
|10th Dhu l-Hijja||
|14th Dhu l-Hijja|
|15th Dhu l-Hijja|
|18th Dhu l-Hijja|
|19th Dhu l-Hijja|
|26th Dhu l-Hijja|
|27th Dhu l-Hijja|
|28th Dhu l-Hijja|