Harith b. Nabhan
Harith b. Nabhan was martyred in the battle of Karbala.
His father, Nabhan, was the slave of Hamza b. 'Abd al-Muttalib. Nahban was a brave horseman who passed away two years after the martyrdom of Hamza. Harith was a companion of Imam Ali and Imam al-Hasan. He accompanied Imam al-Hussain to Karbala and was martyred in the first attack of the army of Umar b. Sa'd.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ḥusaynī Shīrāzī, Dhakhīrat al-dārayn, p. 472.
- Samāwī, Ibṣār al-ʿayn fī anṣār al-Ḥusayn (a), p. 98.
- Dhahabī, Tārīkh al-Islām, vol. 10, p. 108.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Dhahabī, Muḥammad b. Aḥmad al-. Tārīkh al-Islām wa wafayāt al-mashāhīr wa l-aʿlām. Second edition. Beirut: Dār al-Kitāb al-ʿArabī, 1409 AH.
- Ḥusaynī Shīrāzī, ʿAbd al-Majīd al-. Dhakhīrat al-dārayn. Qom: Zamzam-i Hidāyat, [n.d].
- Group of authors. Maʿa l-rakb al-Ḥusayn. Second edition. Qom: Taḥsīn, 1386 Sh.
- Samāwī, Muḥammad al-. Ibṣār al-ʿayn fī anṣār al-Ḥusayn (a). Qom: Maḥallātī, 1419 AH.